T&T Soils Covid – 19 Policy
To help prevent the spread of covid-19 T&T Soils has put together a list of safe work procedures for our staff and customers.
- Our staff enter and exit from our shop via the same door, wash hands prior to starting their shift
- Our staff has been trained to follow the Covid-19 prevention procedures which contain the following social distancing:
1: Practice social distancing of 2 meters (6 feet)
2: Do not shake hands and avoid all physical contact
- Clean your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before you eat, at the end of the workday, during the work shift whenever possible, and when you get home from work.
- Do not share food, drinks, cigarettes, and personal hand tools or personal devices such as cell phones.
- Do not touch your face, eyes nose and/or mouth with unwashed hands (i.e when smoking, drinking water, when you sneeze or cough)
- Regularly clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces and tools as well as toilet and hand washing facilities.
- Encourage workers to follow same practices at home.
- Masks and gloves have been provided to all the staff to use on and off site to help maintain their health and safety.
Health verification of employees prior to start of shift
- Question all employees on the current status of their health – use the Covid-19 worksite screening tool. Send persons home if they confirm illness or identify elevated risk using the screening tool
- At the start of shifts, the supervisor is to confirm the health status of the employee through discussion with the supervisor and notify HSE manager of any issues. Document issues.
- The supervisor, each day, is to ask for updates of employees who have left the site for self-isolation. Document changes
- At the end of shifts, the supervisor to confirm the health status of the workers through discussion with them and notify HSE of any issues.
- Detailed tracking of them and their status are kept on-site at all times (eg. Fir to work, sick, off-work for family caring duties, etc.) a list of all quarantines employees is update daily and their privacy maintained
Communication and Awareness
- Clear signage is posted at entry points on the construction site and outline the commitment of T&T Soils Ltd. To maintain health and safety measures during the covid-19 crisis, including any daily updates on the latest developments and guidelines from Manitoba Public Health.
T&T Soils Ltd. Asks that all customers call in or use our website to place their orders for Delivery or pick up to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We have made these new systems in order to make how you purchase our products, easy and safe.
A walk-up window has been set up for our customers to place a delivery or pick up order if they are unable to purchase our products via website or phone. We also ask that when entering our property, our customers practice social distancing (2 meters/6 feet), do not shake hands and avoid all physical contact. We also request that, if you are feeling unwell, you do not enter our property and either call in with your order, order via website or wait until you are healthy and cleared.